The Commonwealth Governance Website is the first comprehensive guide to public sector reform in the Commonwealth and the online version of the Commonwealth Good Governance publication. The Commonwealth Secretariat, through its Governance and Institutional Development Division (GIDD), helps member governments develop administrative structures that facilitate economic development while adhering to the five principles of good governance: accountability, transparency, predictability, capacity and participation.
The website brings together the knowledge and experience of the Secretariat and related agencies such as the Commonwealth Association of Public Administration and Management and covers:
- 53 governance profiles of member countries
- The link between democracy and development
- Political-administrative relations
- Leadership in the public sector
- Strengthening local government
- Aid and governance
- Building capacity in national assemblies
- Public-private partnerships
- National ICT policy development
- Decentralisation strategies
- Combating corruption
- Infrastructure development
- Governance indicators
- Case studies
- Human resource management
- Alternative service delivery.
Explore and discover more about Governance in the Commonwealth.